Saturday, July 4, 2009

Jamie Lee I am not

Last night, our general plan was to take the girls for a quick walk, keep them entertained until about 15 minutes before their bottle, and then give them a bath. After the walk, due to the lovely humidity outside, the girls were a bit warm and fussy so we got them down just to their diapers and started to fan them with some blankets, which actually they found pretty amusing,

So imagine if you will:
"You" and your hubby are intently keeping them fanned. You turn your eyes away for a moment and see a pair of tennis shoes / the lower part of legs standing about a foot away from your spot on the floor. Keep in mind you all of a sudden remember you may have not shut the garage, or the fact a few months ago there were a few attempted break-ins around the area. Or the fact the last book you read involved a serial killer who wore tennis shoes.

Either way the fact there was someone standing there freaked me out.

My less than calm reaction was to, ala the queen of horror, to let out a pretty decent scream as a milli-second later I realized it was my parents (they had come out to drop something off) So they and hubby were pretty amused by my reaction. I'm going to blame this all on my cell phone - she had mentioned she had tried to call but as it has done a lot lately, my phone neglected to ring or even show a missed call. So either way, why not have a mini-heart attack to liven things up right?

Moving on - we decided for fun (sad to think that this is what we do for fun) to split the girls up for the night. Audrey is always the one yelling at 5am and Allie seems to prefer sleeping through that bottle. Simple plan except there's always an unexpected variable. First problem - Allie woke up at 11pm thanks to a loud string of bottle rockets being shot off outside. I had to quell my desire to go out and physically hurt whoever; well that or give them Allie and say "you put her back to sleep."

2nd problem - Allie would have slept through the early morning but at 5:30am a thunderstorm rolled through so even with splitting them up, hubby and I were still feeding both babies at 5:30. So still don't know how long Allie would have slept.

My parents have the girls for the rest of the day / night (bit too yuck outside so they didn't spend too much time over at the pre-crawfish boil. But at least we made them look the part.




Happy 4th! (happy birthday to the hubby, yeah, yeah, I'm still older)

4 comments:

  1. Even without all those circumstances you have relating to tennis shoes, you best believe I would have about crapped my pants seeing a pair of shoes I know didn't belong in my house.

    You have some of the cutest little onesies/bibs on your girls all the time!

    Get through the weekend and maybe separating the girls will work to your advantage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How frustrating! I screamed today when I thought a spider was attacking me . . . it was the strings on my pants. - Tkeys

    ReplyDelete
  3. are they supposed to be seperated??? there were 7 of us divided into 2 bedrooms until I was about 10 - I still sleep best if in a room with someone else (doesn't have to be the same bed) and they don't have to be quiet. in a quiet room I don't sleep...
    they are cuties for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would have scared the living daylights out of me. Thanks for your comment...and your girls are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete