Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Call me crazy..........

Ugh, poor little neglected blog. I have NO idea why a couple of days ago this seemed like a good idea and as I tend not to enjoy failing at things (even though we do it so well - wanted to have two kids spaced nicely years apart) I'm going to try to "finish" Nanowrimo, otherwise known as write a 50,000 page novel in a month. Again, why I decided to do that with working, twin toddlers, a blog, and a slight addiction to Facebook's Family Feud, right. My poor plot has major issues and already screams mass market paperback but considering the word count, I really can't change much of that right now. I used to be creative. Is it age or having kids that kills that? Anyone creative and bored hit me up. Writing 1600 words a night with no plot isn't working out so well. (Really, you don't say?)

I'm also apparently missing the "twin" thing. Yes, the girls may have had stunt double shirts as little babies and hubby does like to dress them alike for his family's functions to confuse people. That's about it though. I came across where a couple of other twin moms have twin picture frames or working the twin thought into greeting cards and just occurred to me I don't do any of that. Not that you shouldn't if you have multiples, it's just not me. Maybe it's the inner cynic or I think they'll labeled as "the twins" enough. Granted, their names are very close but that was more by accident and not wanting to end up with an "Anastacia and Jane." Although technically we don't really have picture frames around the house anyway. I have pictures waiting for frames, but lovely hubby likes to order oddball picture sizes.

And as this is mostly an open blog, another point to the above: Just because I don't like something someone else may, it doesn't mean anything else. I don't remember who I was talking to awhile back, but they seemed to take a slight offense when I said I didn't like something they did. Um, I hate vanilla cake. I do not consider myself above anyone eating a vanilla cupcake, it's just a preference. (And yes, our wedding cake was chocolate.)

Speaking of weddings, we were at a reception Halloween night so the girls hung out with grandma and Uncle Chris & Aunt Lori to help hand out candy. (haha, I'm ahead of myself technically since they're getting married next fall but close enough. Then again, that could start the whole discussion on your definition of family but we'll save that for another day.)


Ballerinas thanks to grandma. I like my idea for next year to have them be the good witch and the bad witch from "Oz." (okay yes, I will milk the twins concept for great Halloween ideas. Come on now, they could easily also go as the two girls from "The Shining.") However my friend pointed out how she'd be kind of ticked if her sister got to be all pretty and pink and she got stuck with green face paint - point taken. I'm very sad it's November because October was awesome for horror movies on the television. I think we watched three in one night. Bad idea to stay up though that late. Thankfully even McDonald's serves fru-fru coffee.

5 comments:

  1. But but but I LOVED the idea of good/bad witch! You don't have to choose who gets to be what. Just tell em to pick a number or a color or something, come ON!

    I think your novel will be great! How can it not be? You helped me with my crappy writing and turned them into A papers! You can do this!
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a year off, but why not Elphaba and Glinda from Wicked? More sisters than good witch, bad witch. Trust me - I have sisters. Good chance you will never hear the end of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do the twin thing, and it probably has a lot to do with mine being boy/girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a cute blog! I found you on "Bloggy Moms." When you get a moment, please check out my blog at http://missyschranz.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You now have something to blog about, an award! It's on my blog if you wanna do something. Ya know, because you don't have anything to do ;P
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete