- Yeah, yeah, I need to put up some wedding pictures. Or just hit me up on facebook, less work for me!! I will try to put some up this week though for the non-facebook people (or for non-FB friends, aw, why don't you want to be friends? :p ) Sorry, was a topic from our party last Saturday. A friend of ours keeps deleting one of his friends just because it drives the guy nuts. Pretty amusing if you ask me. I don't know, do you take being "unfriended" that personally? (Then again, how the hell do you know? Sounds like our friend has a stalker :p)
- Speaking of the party, wow. I'm glad hubby had a great time because I had some "fun". To summarize: having to (constantly) run interference with kids who weren't mine, including pulling them out of our closed prior-to-the-party bedroom where they were "playing" with a very terrified cat. One of them even told me to go away. Let's just say that did not happen. She started crying which caused her mother to appear. Hi, and where have you been? And while I understand there will be noise past when our girls went to sleep, do you have to yell "good-bye, we're leaving" while standing right by their closed door?
- "Technically" our little house rule has been we stay upstairs mostly until our kids are asleep. (Reason being is a longer story on the private blog if anyone's interested or needs an invite. For IRL, no private blog for you, but shoot me a note and I'll email) This party was the first one where hubby didn't follow, and yes, it was his birthday, but I've kept to the rule on days that are more geared towards me. Thoughts? (We're indecisive if we want to move so why we're not finishing the basement and while the girls do stairs usually fine, I'm not keen on leaving them free to roam up and down)
- Hubby's (typical, super-stubborn which I expected yet not a fan of) response when I started to vent a bit was "fine, we just won't have anyone over again." Really.....really!?!? He once commented why he never argued with certain people growing up because "they were like talking to a brick wall." That drove him crazy, yet...........
- Start them young! Hubby was nice enough (despite moving a tad slow the next morning) to keep with our plans to meet my aunt, uncle and cousin at a winery. After a tour, they had a tasting and had a few varieties of juice for the girls to try. Audrey found this to be highly entertaining, held her own cup, didn't spill, and even commented that she liked the one with bubbles - sparkling raspberry juice- the best (hmm time to get rid of sippy cups? Suicidal idea I know, but I do have really good carpet cleaner)
- Things to keep in the car/truck - an umbrella!! A major pop-up thunderstorm came about just as we were picking up the girls. We're talking flash-flooding water amounts and just pouring. The only umbrella hubby dug out of the truck was a golf bag sized (like the little ones to keep your clubs dry) He had parked as close to the sidewalk as possible, which left me to get out in the already water-logged grass, fun! Well we were soaked by the time we got into the building. When we went to leave, Audrey said "I no want to get wet" so she got shielded by the little umbrella and the rest of us got drenched a little more. Luckily, Allie didn't mind.
- Speaking of Allie, hubby doesn't have to worry anymore. From last Friday's post, Audrey is in a local magazine cover contest and he jokingly said Allie would have a complex since I didn't enter her. (Didn't have a good non-paci pic on the new laptop, honest.......) Well, he went to pick them up from school last week and overheard a boy tell her "you're pretty." It's already started. Of course this led to rumblings of "get your shotgun ready" to hubby. Yes we own guns. Now, my family when I was growing up didn't so I have to ask, did anyone's dad truly sit out in the open and clean a gun for a prospective boyfriend?
- And yes, once again, I'm going a bit toddlers and tiaras and asking for votes. Hey, it's an opportunity to go to the mall - due to living a bit out of the way and married to a mall hater, I rarely go, if you'd like to submit a pity vote just for that fact)
- Blogger still is being finicky on formatting and trying to comment on blogs. Maybe my cousin is right and tumblr is the way to go.
Visit our host Danifred @ Sippy Cups for more.

Don't have a link to the private blog and I don't think we are friends on FB - we need to fix that.
ReplyDeleteHere from FNL...can't believe that child was so rude at the party.
ReplyDeleteThe wine/juice tasting sounds like it was fun.
Oh, the wine/ juice tasting sounds divine!!!
ReplyDelete